We at TransAction South Dakota would like to wish everyone a very Happy New year!
At this time of the year, our board members are working hard to write grants and do fundraising activities. This is our sole source of income, and allows us to provide support all over South Dakota. Grant money and your donations pay for this website, and pays for travel expenses to help us reach all transgender people in this state. It also allows us to pay for complete name change processes, which runs approximately $250 per person.
Also for 2018 we have many exciting projects planned. They include:
- Reaching out to all transgender and gender non-conforming South Dakotan’s, focusing on those living in rural areas and in small towns throughout the entire state. This requires a large budget for travel, hotel, meals, etc.
- Help to form support groups anywhere there is a need and willing bodies to run them.
- Continue providing name change opportunities.
- We will be sending out surveys to all counselors we can find throughout the state to find counselors who are qualified and willing to work with transgender and gender non-conforming people, and who will work on a sliding scale.
- Pay for the first meeting with a counselor who has agreed to work with us.
- And much more.
We need your help! Without donations and grant money we have no way to pay our expenses, and to continue to provide our support and services free of charge to you. TransAction South Dakota will never charge for anything we do, or for any events we hold (Marsha P Johnson movie for example)
If you would like to help us continue our mission, we encourage you to donate whatever you can to enable us to continue helping at no charge to anyone. By clicking on our PayPal donate button on the upper right section of this page, or the donate button on our Facebook page, you can help us to achieve our mission and goals.
Thank you everyone, and see you in 2018!
-Marty Epstein, President